Hello, happy Sunday, and welcome to my weekly domain name news roundup. There has been a lot going on in the Domaining world with some exciting new sales getting announced along with a fresh new Shark Tank deal for a company I mentioned on my blog no too long ago. Articles discussing both can of course be found below.
I’m getting excited for NamesCon which is now just around the corner. I heard this week that the first block of rooms at the Omni sold out but they’re getting another block for anyone that still wants to lock-in the discounted rate. I’ve seen a few people get confused when they go directly to the Omni website, remember you’ll need to book through the link on the NamesCon site to get the discount.
Okay, now enough chitter chatter – let’s get to the news. Here are the stories from around the Domaining world that caught my eye last week:
- Scenes from ICANN 66 in Montreal (Read more on DomainNameWire)
- Supply.co gets $300,000 deal on Shark Tank (Read more on TheDomains)
- .EU domain extension continues to shrink in Q3 (Read more on OnlineDomain)
- Uniregistry weekly sales led by Placemaker.com (Read more on TLDInvestors)
- Sedo weekly sales led by Kama.co (Read more on TheDomains)
- Donuts Banters with Rick Schwartz About Rick.TV (Read more on DomainInvesting.com)
- Interview with the one and only DoseBuy, a new Domainer who isn’t afraid to speak his mind (Read more on my blog)
- Phenomenal Outing for Phenom.com – James Booth’s Brokerage Banks Over $750,000 With 4 of Week’s Top 5 Sales (Read more on DNJournal)
- GoDaddy to do a share buyback of $500 million (Read more on TheDomains)
- Rick Goes to Youtube on the way to Rick.TV (Read more on Rick’s Blog)
- How to go to NamesCon for cheap (Read more on DomainNameWire)