Hello, happy Monday, and welcome to my weekly roundup of news from the domain name investing world. You might notice that it’s Monday, not Friday, which is where you’ve usually read these updates. I’m doing a little test to see which day performs better, so expect to see this here on Monday’s for a little bit.
Just thinking of myself, I find I’m a lot more switched on and interested in diving into news at the beginning of the week vs. the end of the week when I’m ready to wind things down. But that could just be me. I’m a numbers guy so I’ll let the traffic numbers tell me the answer. Okay, enough of me, let’s get to the news!
Domain Investing News Highlights For The Week Of 4/22/2019
- Criminal Hired to Force Domain Owner to Transfer a Name at Gunpoint Gets Shot Himself – Goes to Prison with His Employer Now Expected to Follow (read the full story on DNJournal)
- Efty acquires DomaHub (read the full story on the Efty blog)
- Say “No” to unlimited price increases on .org, .info, .biz and .asia domains! (read the full story on OnlineDomain.com)
- Peter Askew’s Vidalia Onion Story is Inspiring (read the full story on DomainInvesting.com)
- Karklins beats LaHatte to chair ICANN’s Whois privacy team (read the full story on DomainIncite.com)
- Keep.com Sold to China in 2018 in a Fascinating Sale (read the full story on NamePros)
- Acquiring User.com was strategic, the price was a steal (read the full story on DSAD.com)
- Verisign posts earnings, nearly 70% operating margin (read the full story on DomainNameWire.com)
- Here’s one thing you might not know about the $60,000 sale of Business.club (read more right here on MorganLinton.com)
- Rick’s Asheville Meetup Grows to 70 and About to be SOLD OUT!!! (read more on RicksBlog.com)
Oh and in case you missed it, I relaunched my weekly newsletter and the next issue goes out tonight. There are still a couple hours to get on the list and still make the cut for tonight.
You can sign up for my newsletter by clicking here, it’s that easy!