As I’ve said many times before, DomainTools is one of the most useful and essential tools for domain name investors. While I’ve always been a huge fan of DomainTools I have to say I haven’t been the biggest fan of their site itself. The design has been, well, in need of an upgrade and I’m excited to say that that upgrade came out in a major way last week.
Here’s a look at the new WHOIS listing which in my opinion is now without a doubt the best WHOIS tool on the net:
According to DomainTools:
“We’ve just made access to this information easier, cleaner, faster and, we hope, prettier. We’ve done a major overhaul of the Whois results page—a page that hasn’t had a design/UI update in many years. Not only was our goal to make it cleaner, better, faster, but to make it easier for users to start their investigations and leverage our Reverse, History, Monitors and other premium products” (DomainTools)
Along with a fresh new design, the DomainTools team has also added some pretty slick features that I have already found to be incredibly useful. Here’s a quick summary of what’s new:
- Easily pivot to specific data-points within WHOIS listings for things like WHOIS history and IP Address with the click of a button
- No more tabs (yay!) – this means it is now incredibly easy to see everything all in one screen
- New “Tools” section that makes it easier than ever before to jump from tool to tool (which I do a lot)
- Much cleaner profile view
- Faster (a lot faster IMO)
If you haven’t had a chance to check-out the new updates head on over to DomainTools.com, and if you haven’t tried DomainTools before click here for a free 7 day trial.