Happy Thanksgiving to all my readers here in the US. I’m going to keep this short and sweet as Daina and I are getting ready to go ice skating in SF before heading to my Dad’s house for Thanksgiving. I’d like to take a moment to share what I’m thankful for this year, I feel incredibly lucky, life is short and I cherish every day.
Sitting here at 10:30 in the morning on Thanksgiving Day 2019…here’s what I’m thankful for.
- My amazing wife Daina. I get to spend every single day with the love of my life, and that really never gets old. Not only have we been together for 13 years but we’ve spent the last seven years working and spending every day together. This Sunday is Daina’s birthday so today in many ways kicks off a birthday weekend celebration! 🎂
- My family. While we travel a lot, I always make time for family, from having breakfast with my Dad to watching a Warriors game with my Mom, to hanging out with my sister and nieces, I love my family. I’m looking forward to all spending time together this evening…and my Dad said he ordered charades so things might get a little crazy 😜
- My friends. I have a really good group of friends. I’m still very close with my High School friends, I see my good buddies from college all the time since we’re all here in the Bay Area, and I’ve made some new friends since starting Bold Metrics that have been great to go through the founder journey with together.
- Our amazing team at Bold Metrics. I’m really proud of the team we’ve built at Bold Metrics, at the end of the day if there’s one thing I’ve learned about building a company it’s that the people are without a doubt the most important part of the equation. While I’m incredibly proud of the product we’ve built and the impact we’re making, without a great team none of that would have been possible.
- The domain investing community. Last but certainly not least is the incredible community we have in the domain name investing world. Some of my closest friends I’ve met through the Domaining world, and honestly when we’re all together it does feel like one big happy family. I can’t wait to see everyone in Austin and I’m still buzzing from spending some real quality time together with people in Asheville this summer.
Okay, well I guess that’s my version of short. That was a bit longer than I had expected. Before I end though I wanted to give a special thanks to Francois Carrillo who runs Domaining.com. Me and many other bloggers have directly benefited from Francois’ hard work and it’s great to see the blogging community continue to grow and prosper. Thanks Francois for everything you do for us!
Now stop reading domain blogs and get back to spending time with your family. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and as always, thanks for reading.