Hello and welcome to my very first Startup Sunday! Every Sunday I will be covering a topic related to startup companies since I’m am now waist-deep in the startup world. Now before I go any further here I’d like to clarify that I am not an expert by any means when it comes to startups. I am instead just someone with a lot of energy and enthusiasm who is currently learning everything I possibly can about startup companies while running my own software startup on nights and weekends.
Okay, so onto the topic of today’s post – five startup blogs I read daily. I’ve always found that if you want to learn more about a particular topic, blogs can offer some of the best information since you get to hear directly from people in the space. I read a ton of Domaining blogs but lately have been shifting my focus a bit more to the startup world and have discovered some truly incredible blogs.
So I thought – how better to start-off Startup Saturday than sharing five blogs that I read every single day. Of course there are many other great blogs and these are not the only blogs I read in the space, however these are the ones that I read the most consistently. Feel free to share your five favorites as well!
- TechCrunch – this is an absolute must-read. TechCrunch has their finger on the pulse of technology, startups, vc, etc. and I read this several times a day on my computer and my iPhone.
- AVC – I’ve been reading Fred Wilson’s blog for probably about three years now. Fred has one of the best blogs on the Internet, period. He is a venture capitalist in NYC who isn’t afraid to speak his mind and share some really useful and interesting information.
- Mixergy – awesome blog with some of the best interviews on the net. Great place to hear directly from other startups about what they are doing right, and wrong, and the lessons learned along the way.
- Eric Ries’s Blog – Eric is one of the founders of the lean startup movement and one of the people I look-up to the most now in the space. He has a new book coming-0ut and shares some great information about the lean startup movement on his blog.
- Venture Beat – Venture beat is a bit like Tech Crunch but focuses a tad more on venture capital and innovations. As someone that wants to follow where VCs money is going, this is a great blog for me!
Thanks for reading and as always – comment and let your voice be heard! I’d love to hear what your five favorite startup blogs are!