Let’s face it, Domainers are a different breed. I mean this in a good way as I am a Domainer myself, but let’s be honest, we see the world differently and thus finding presents for us can be that much more difficult. Just think about it, how many of you reading this right now have bought a domain name in the last week? How about that last day? If you answered yes to either of those questions, you’re not normal, but it’s okay – normal is boring, you’re a Domainer.
Now let’s look at things from a different perspective, you’re not you, you are your friends and family who have no freakin’ clue what to get you for Christmas. This post is for them, not you, but you can forward this to them to let them know what they can get you for Christmas. If you are a friend or family member of a Domainer, this is the list you’ve been looking for and what your Domainer really wants for Christmas this year!
- The .COM Version Of Their Best .NET Or .ORG Domain.
This gift is #1 for a reason, I think most of us have some really great .NET/.ORG domains that we wished we had in .COM. If you want to show a Domainer that you really love them, spend the money and secure the .COM. This could also be done in reverse by securing the .NET and .ORG of your Domainer’s favorite .COM!
- A Custom Website On Their Best Domain
– Giving the Domainer you loved something more than a Mini-Site is probably tied with #1 for the best Domainer Christmas gift this year. Find a great developer in your local area and work-out a deal. Rather than spending $xx,xxx on a .COM you could spend a few thousand dollars and get a great site developed.
- Professional SEO Services For Their Best Site
– Maybe your Domainer already has a great site but you know they could be ranking better. Nothing says Merry Christmas more than ranking better and increasing your monthly traffic and revenue. It really is the gift that keeps on giving!
- A Geo-Domain Targeting The City They Live In
– I know I would be happy to get something like LosAngelesLawyers.com or LosAngelesDoctors.com and I’m sure your Domainer will too. The pricing will really depend on where your live with big cities requiring larger purchases.
- A Ticket To DOMAINfest 2012
– Want to really surprise your favorite Domainer this Christmas? Get them a ticket to DOMAINfest, one of the top conferences in the Domaining industry. This is absolutely the best way to start-out a new year in the Domaining space.
- An Exclusive Membership At DNForum
– There’s a good chance your favorite Domainer is already on DNForum but they might not be an Exclusive Member yet. This would be a great way to start the year and a gift that really does last a lifetime!
- One Year Of Hosting
– Hosting companies run some great deals around the Holidays and you can lock-in some great savings for the entire year. This is especially good for a Domainer who is just starting to get-into development but might not have a hosting account yet.
- An Expired Domain Name
– there are some real gems expiring every day. A domain you buy for a few hundred dollars could sell for a few thousand or more. Find a gem for your Domainer this holiday season.
Domainers – feel free to add more presents to the list or highlight which are your top picks!