NamesCon is now officially exactly one week away and the domain industry is buzzing about the conference masterpiece that Richard, Jodi, and Jothan have put together. I am incredibly honored to be speaking at the event in a featured talk titled – Domains + Startups. Here’s a quick summary of what the talk will cover:
I will also be talking on a panel with Joe Uddeme, Bill Sweeman, and Jennifer Wolfe moderated by Braden Pollock titled – Winning: Best Practices for Internet Domains and your Company. The focus of this panel will be how companies can put together cohesive strategies around online branding with domains.
Since I always like to give my blog readers a bit of an inside edge I thought I’d share a few of the things I’ll be covering in my talk that have not been mentioned anywhere online yet…until now.
- The #1 reason why startup domain deals fall through
- (For startups) How to get in touch with Domain Owners – Become a Domain Detective in Five Minutes
- (For domain owners) How to get in touch with startup founders and decision-makers
- The intricacy of equity deals – understanding valuation, cap tables, etc.
- Domain Docs – What you need to get the deal done, right
As always I’d love to hear from you, my blog reader! Let me know if there is anything that you think is critical that I cover in the talk. You know, that one thing that if I didn’t cover you’d feel like you’d want more. Comment and let your voice be heard!