Hello everyone, happy Saturday, and welcome to another weekend musings here on MorganLinton.com! June has been an amazing month, possibly the most amazing month in my life. Some big things have been happening however I’m quickly learning that the bigger things I get involved with, the more NDAs I end-up signing which leaves a lot of the really good stuff off my my blog.
It’s a balance I’m getting used to, what I can say is I’ve had a chance to accomplish a few things this month that I’ve dreamed of doing. I’m not a millionaire and I didn’t buy a Ferrari, but I have been able to make some moves that have already changed our lives. Sorry to be so vague but that’s about as far as I can go at the moment.
Of course there’s plenty of exciting stuff going on that I can talk about, below is what’s swimming around in my head right now:
- I had a good call with a friend of mine in the affiliate space this week. It was another great reminder of how valuable it is to network with people doing similar things. We spent an hour on the phone sharing ideas and experiences, very fun and if you’re not doing things like this, you should be!
- Linton Investments added two new members to the team, Simonas and Mike. Simonas will be handling the domain sales side of our business while Mike is taking over the Facebook Fanpages for some of our top brands.
- I have been having a great experience with College Copywriters, a new service from Brian Diner who runs TeenDomainer. They are currently writing articles for two of my blogs and I’ll soon be adding two more blogs based on the great results I’ve seen so far.
- The new MacBook Air is awesome, just got one and coupled with a 27″ Apple Cinema display I’m very impressed. Solid state drive definitely makes a difference and I love having the non-glossy screen on the laptop and the same resolution as the 15″. I still have a relatively new MacBook Pro which I love (and has 16 GB of RAM so is smoking!) but I’ve found it too heavy and cumbersome for travel. I never use a CD Drive or Ethernet port so what’s the point of having one built-into my laptop?
- We are going out to dinner at the Magic Castle tonight! The Magic Castle is a famous venue in Hollywood. It is a mansion that was turned into an upscale private venue for dinner and magic shows. After eating you can go from room to room and watch some of the best magicians in the business practice their magic. I have only been once since you cannot just go to the Magic Castle, you have to be a member or know a member. I am a member of the Foundation Room, a private club at the House of Blues and found-out that I can also get into the Magic Castle, awesome!
- If you use a Mac I highly recommend you check-out Sparrow, what I think may well be the best mail app I’ve ever used, period. I have it on my iPhone and my Macs and it rocks, fast, great UI, and Facebook Integration which actually makes more of a difference than you’d think. If you haven’t heard of it, check it out, I use it as my go-to mail app now and am loving it!
Okay, now back to our regularly scheduled Saturday afternoon. I hope you are all having a great weekend, as always feel free to share your weekend musings in the comment section below!