Happy New Year and welcome to 2013! Most people take some time at the beginning of the year to make resolutions, adjustments they want to make after looking back on the previous year. Domainers are no different except our resolutions tend to center around the world of domain names, and mistakes we learned from in the previous year.
Below are what I think just might be the top ten resolutions that Domainers have, if yours isn’t on there definitely feel free to add it in the comment section below.
- Buy more one word domains
- Start testing different parking services
- Lease more domains to interested buyers
- Stop buying expired domains just because other people are bidding on them
- Get better at dropping names (yes, sometimes your babies are ugly)
- Sell a domain for over $100,000
- Improve monetization techniques
- Get your best developed domain to the #1 spot in Google
- Sell a domain for over $500,000
- Sell more domains to end-users
My personal Domaining New Year’s Resolution this year is #1 – to buy more one word domains. I really took a deeper dive into one word domains in 2012 and it made a big difference, this year I’m going to buy many more and really make this our focus when it comes to buying, selling, and monetizing.
What’s your Domainer New Year’s Resolution? Comment and let your voice be heard!