Hello, happy Monday, and welcome to Must-Read Mondays here on MorganLinton.com! Today I wanted to share a book that I think will most-likely be one of the most popular business books of 2014, it’s called The Lean Enterprise and it is the most comprehensive book ever written about applying the lean principals in larger organizations.
Dave McClure from 500 Startups had this to say about the book:
Corporations who miss this book have their days numbered.
Brad Smith, the President of Intuit had this to say:
The Lean Enterprise presents a framework for companies to create an environment that empowers the greatest entrepreneurial talent to thrive inside the organization, retaining the great innovative minds and reaping the benefits of their greatest inventions.
As many of you know Fashion Metric was born out of Lean Startup Machine and the lean principals have been critical to help us get to where we are today. Here’s a quick look at what’s in the book:
- Chapter 1 – Roadmap: The Lean Enterprise
- Chapter 2 – Strategy
- Chapter 3 – Corporate Structure
- Chapter 4 – Compensation
- Chapter 5 – Vision: The Innovation Thesis
- Chapter 6 – Lean Enterprise Process
- Chapter 7 – Experimental Methods
- Chapter 8 – Innovation Accounting
- Chapter 9 – Incubate Internally
- Chapter 10 – Acquire Early
- Chapter 11 – Invest When You Can’t Acquire
- Chapter 12 – Innovation Flow
Of course the key to a good book is the author and I can tell you that Trevor and Obie are two of the most respected thought leaders in the Lean Startup space and the best people I could think of to write a book like this.