One of the things that has always frustrated me about the Domain Investing space is the amount of BS that is out there. From eBooks to Blog Posts there is a ton of misinformation out there written by people making a few thousand dollars a year, and trying to tell people how to quit their jobs and make a small fortune with domains. Not a week goes by that I don’t get an email from someone who put their hard earned money into domain names thinking they would be rich by now. It’s easy to write an eBook or a Blog Post about how to make money with domain names, but for those of us who make our full-time income with domains, we all know Domain Investing is incredibly hard work.
When I first started in the domain industry back in 2007 I read an eBook that talked about how easy it was to make money with domain names. The book told me that all I had to do was buy a bunch of domain names and if just one of them sold, I could pay for the rest and re-invest in my business. Apparently I could also do this with only 1-2 hours of work a week. I burned through a lot of money making mistakes, learned the hard way, and three years later emerged with a real business. Last year I quit my job with it’s six-figure salary, bought my stock options, and now make 100% of my income with domain names. It wasn’t easy, and it sure took a lot more than 1-2 hours a week.
The Domain Investing Handbook is about dispelling all the myths and BS out there about Domain Investing. My book will not teach you how to build a six-figure business in a year, I have no idea how to do that. It also won’t tell you how to make thousands of dollars a month without doing any work because I also don’t know how to do that. What it will teach you is what I learned building a six-figure business in the domain space. The book was written for beginning and intermediate investors and I am excited to offer blog readers $10-off if you Pre-Order the book before this Monday, April 1st.
My Newsletter Subscribers enjoyed a 25%-discount starting weeks ago because I always offer the best deals to those who are subscribed to my free newsletter. Of course I also have lots of love for my blog readers which is why I am giving all of you $10 off starting today. As I know I’ll have a few questions about this I thought I’d get a head start on answering them:
- Who is this book for? This book is for people who have never invested in domains and want to learn the basics as well as people who have been investing in domain names but are not making the kind of money they want to make. If you have a portfolio full of names that you keep renewing and you’re not seeing money coming in, this book is especially for you. The 3rd edition goes further than any other book I have written to now include intermediate Domain Investors as well who want to go from being self-employed to running their own business. The book is not for advanced Domain Investors that are already making $100,000 or more in the industry, but then again you probably wouldn’t buy a book about Domain Investing anyways!
- What does the book cover? I have included the Table of Contents below.
- Why $79.99, isn’t that a bit expensive? For the last 3+ years I have made over $200/hour, I didn’t always make this but I’ve worked hard in my life and like many of you, I value my time. This book has taken me over a year to write and in it I share many of the details of lessons I have learned that cost me tens of thousands of dollars to learn. 99% of the people who contact me in complete desperation have spent hundreds or thousands of dollars on domains and made little or no money. History textbooks sell for over $100 and I can promise you that after reading a history textbook you’ll be no closer to making money than before you read it, however you probably will know more about history than most!
- If you make so much money in domains, why sell a book? I wasted over $30,000 getting started in this industry, I don’t want to see other people make the same mistakes. Still, like I said above, I value my time and if I’m going to keep writing books like this I can’t trade time that I could be spending making good money giving away information for free. I give away a ton of free information on my blog and in my newsletter. Also I’m all about cutting through the BS and getting good information out there, by pricing the book at $79.99 I can put it on ClickBank and allow other people to sell it and get the truth out so that less people read the junk sold by writers just trying to make a quick buck selling an eBook. A majority of my income comes from buying, selling, and monetizing domains but I am proud of my writing and the time I put into it and like most authors would like to make some income from my writing as well.
- What is your return policy? You can return my book anytime within 90-days from buying the book so if you don’t like it, return it. The 2nd edition of The Domain Investing Handbook had a return rate of under 1% and I expect this version to see the same rate.
Table Of Contents:
CHAPTER 1: DOMAIN INVESTING MYTHS
CHAPTER 2: GETTING STARTED THE RIGHT WAY
CHAPTER 3: DOMAIN FLIPPING
CHAPTER 4: WHAT’S IN A NAME
CHAPTER 5: DOMAIN NAME RESEARCH
CHAPTER 6: THE IMPORTANCE OF TLD
CHAPTER 7: CHOOSING A REGISTRAR
CHAPTER 8: INTRODUCTION TO WORDPRESS
CHAPTER 9: WORDPRESS HOSTING
CHAPTER 10: BUYING DOMAIN NAMES
CHAPTER 11: BUYING EXPIRED DOMAIN NAMES
CHAPTER 12: DOMAIN NAME DEVELOPMENT
CHAPTER 13: THE TRUTH ABOUT CONTENT WRITERS
CHAPTER 14: DOMAIN NAME MONETIZATION
CHAPTER 15: SELLING REVENUE DOMAINS
CHAPTER 16: SELLING DOMAINS TO DOMAINERS
CHAPTER 17: COMMON MISTAKES
CHAPTER 18: DOMAIN INVESTING CHECKLIST
CHAPTER 19: BUILDING A BUSINESS VS. BEING SELF EMPLOYED
CHAPTER 20: HIRING, FIRING AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN
CHAPTER 21: SCALING YOUR BUSINESS
CHAPTER 22: ADVANCED DEV TOPICS: HTML BASICS
CHAPTER 23: ADVANCED DEV TOPICS: ANALYTICS
CHAPTER 24: ADVANCED DEV TOPICS: CSS BASICS
CHAPTER 25: ADVANCED DEV TOPICS: PHP BASICS
CHAPTER 26: ADVANCED DEV TOPICS: TWITTER BOOTSTRAP API
If you would like to pre-order the book and save $10 please visit www.DomainInvestingHandbook.com. Starting April 1st the price goes back up to $79.99. As always I’d love to hear from you, feel free to post your questions, comments, or suggestions below!