Welcome to Part Two of Killer Emails and Social List Building Techniques, one of the best sessions I attended at Affiliate Summit this year. To make the information more digestible I decided to split it into two posts, if you missed the first post you can read it here. Now, onto Part Two!
Case Study: SocialTriggers.com
- Multiple forms, close to content (you can use four forms on the same page, going beyond two forms does make a difference, can use different language around each)
- Varied Copy and Calls To Action
- Social Proof Builds Credibility
Using these techniques SocialTriggers.com went from under 3,000 subscribers to over 10,000. Multiple sign-up forms was critical to this success.
- Put sign-up form at the end of each blog post, can dramatically increase sign-ups.
- Lightbox gets more conversions than a sliding box.
“After” landing pages –three key tactics
- Deliver on sign-up expectations and offers
- Test social media and email sharing (once subscribed give people way to share)
- Never leave new subscribers at a DEAD END (don’t just say Thank You, give them more info, ways to share, etc.)
- Great way to cultivate longer relationships
- Series can be as short or long as needed
- Is your content strong enough for a series?
- What are your competitors doing?
- Advanced: Consider separate paths and segmenting autoresponder recipients
- Augments (not replaces) email, RSS lists
- Likes/tweets are the first step, not the last
- Use social tie-ins strategically, appropriately
- Tip – test social media on before and after opt-in landing pages
- Use social tie-ins for Likes AND emails